JOIN COLORADO FARMERS MARKETS ASSOCIATION TODAY!
CFMA is largely a volunteer run organization plus a paid staff person at 20 hours/month. We rely on the generous support of our members, board of directors, and community partners to provide support to rural and urban farmers markets across Colorado. Our programs are funded through membership dues and generous contributions from funders and statewide partners to provide a variety of services to our member markets and vendors.
- A voice and a vote in membership meetings and Board of Directors elections.
- Insurance: Access to affordable, comprehensive general liability insurance for farmers markets and market vendors.
- Support and training to enable markets to accept SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits.
- Marketing: listing on CFMA website, Locate a Market. Colorado Farmers Market Association is the first listing in a google search of Colorado farmers markets.
- Training and resources: market management, food safety and health regulations, risk management, Cottage Foods Bill, other needs identified by members.
- Monthly e-newsletter with legislative updates, member markets news, grant and training opportunities, marketing resources, health and food safety requirements, agritourism information.
- Advocacy: CFMA’s lobbyist provides updates on bills being considered by the state legislature and strategies to ensure that legislators and policy makers hear CFMA members’ interests and concerns. CFMA also sits on the Colorado Food Systems Advisory Council and Colorado Farmers Market Working Group. As a chapter of Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, CFMA also participates in policy making at state and national levels.
- Email action alerts and information on grant opportunities
- Networking: Provide networking and knowledge sharing among markets and with industry professionals at our annual meeting and via CFMA’s google group.
- Being part of the community of Colorado farmers markets.
- CFMA offers a liability insurance policy to members.
- We provide SNAP programming to participating member markets.
- CFMA represents the interests of Colorado farmers’ markets through our participation on the Colorado Farmers’ Market Working Group and the Colorado Food Systems Advisory Council.
- CFMA hosts an annual meeting for member and non-member markets designed to develop market management skills, knowledge, and networking.
CFMA Goals include:
- Develop a definition of “farmers market” that supports and promotes the mission of CFMA to be adopted by the state of Colorado;
- Partner with CSU Local Food Initiative and the CO Department of Agriculture to review local and state regulations that impact farmers markets and create a regulatory roadmap identifying regulatory requirements for agricultural products sold through direct markets,
- Partner with the Colorado WIC Department to expand the Women, Infants, and Children Fruit & Vegetable voucher program to allow CO farmers to participate as vendors.
- Partner with the Colorado Rural Development office to expand our existing SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) to farmers markets in rural communities.
Annual dues for 2016 are $90. JOIN TODAY! RENEW TODAY!
Once we have received your membership application and dues, we will send you the password to access grant opportunities market resources and insurance applications
The Rocky Mountain Farmers Union (RMFU) provides fiscal sponsorship for our 501(c)(6) organization. CFMA is also now a chapter of Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, which gives you a voice in both organizations and a more direct role in policy work at the state and national levels.